Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Don't worry,I'll take good care of that for you!

Driving home thru Detroit yesterday, I stopped alongside a Brother who had parked his wheelchair under an I-75 overpass at a traffic light. He had no sign, just sitting there pondering life. I had an extra dollar and an apple in my lunchbox, so I handed it to him. As I did I mentioned that I was just going to eat that apple, but I've got more at home still. To that he replied" Don't worry mister, I'll take good care of it for you!"
As I listen to the news reports of food riots around the world , global warming and wars.... I was reminded of my responsibility to my family , the world and at that moment to the man in the wheelchair to tell them, "No, don't You worry, I'll take care of that for you!"
So ask yourself today, is there anything I can do to empower positive change in the world,today? Or are you going to wait for someone else to fix it for you? Guess what, there isn't anybody else stepping up to the plate. Your up to bat, so hit a home run.. Ya' know, one for the Ol' Giffer!

1 comment:

James said...

Fellow Friends and Colleagues:

We are all judged by the company we keep. I'm inordinately proud to be in the company of this splendid human being!

Best,

Jim